Welcome back, our dearest guest!
Finally, we are allowed to open our restaurant and hotel for you – whether you are a leisure guest or coming for business purposes. In order to be able to do so, we need to follow a few regulations – please find below an overview (Information regarding the rules starting September 16, 2021)
- If you have lately visited a restaurant in Germany you know this regulation already – we have to request and keep your contact information. We are more than happy to use the LUCA APP to do so digitally.
- Before entering our premises for sitting INSIDE our restaurant, we then need a certificate proving one of the following:
– you are fully vaccacinated (which means the 2nd vaccacination was at least 14 days prior to your visit)
– you are recovered from an infection with COVID-19 (proof is a positive PCR or equivalent test about an infection which is at least 28 days and at most 6 months old)
– you have been tested negative by an official test centre no longer than 24 hours prior to your visit
> official test centres in Freiburg
- Children up to and including five years of age as well as pupils in elementary and secondary schools, pupils at special education and advice centers (SBBZ) and vocational schools are exempt from the compulsory test. Proof is provided here by means of a corresponding identification document such as a child ID card or a student ID card. Children aged six and seven who have not yet started school are also excluded.
- For sitting on the outdoor terrace of our premises there is no such requirement for now. However, in case of a change of weather, we are NOT allowed to let you finish your dinner INSIDE the restaurant without the above mentioned.
As long as you are not sitting at a table, wearing a face mask is mandatory
These regulations apply while the so-called base level is in place.
Warning level: The warning level is called when the incidence of hospitalization for five working days in a row a value of 8.0 is reached or exceeded or the occupancy rate of the intensive care beds in Baden-Württemberg reaches or exceeds the value of 250 on two consecutive working days.
Alert level: The alert level is declared when the incidence of hospitalization occurs for five working days in a row reaches or exceeds a value of 12.0 or the occupancy rate of the intensive care beds in Baden-Württemberg reaches or exceeds the value of 390 on two consecutive working days.
In the event of the warning level, there is no possibility of a negative antigen test. In order to be allowed to welcome you in our restaurant as a non-vaccinated and non-recovered, you then need a negative result (maximum: 48 hours old) of a test by a laboratory diagnosis using nucleic acid detection ( PCR, PoC-PCR or other methods of nucleic acid amplification technology)). For the outside area, in case of the warning level the «3G» mentioned above comes into force.
In the event of the alert level, «3G» becomes «2G», so we are only allowed to welcome people who have been vaccinated or recovered, even outside.
The State Health Office publishes information about the entry of the respective stage here.
- From our hotel guests we have to request the same certifications as from our restaurant guest (see above)
Please note that in case you come here with a negative test, the test has to be repeated every 3 days during your stay. Please use the
> official test centres in Freiburg
- Also during breakfast hours, we have to maintain the regulations regarding distances between persons. Depending on the daily situation, this might have an impact – we will inform you accordingly upon your arrival – as long as you are not sitting at a table you will have to wear a mask.
- Outside of your room wearing a face mask is obligatory
For our hotel guests, these rules apply to both the basic level and the warning level.
In the event of the alarm level, there is no possibility of a negative antigen test. In order to be allowed to accomodate you in our hotel as a non-vaccinated and non-recovered, you then need a negative result (maximum: 48 hours old) of a test by a laboratory diagnosis using nucleic acid detection ( PCR, PoC-PCR or other methods of nucleic acid amplification technology)).
For our guests travelling from outside Germany:
Entering Germany has been made easier again on May 14, 2021 – instead of different regulations per state we have one legally binding regulation on entering the country. Also, entering the country has been made easier for the vaccacinated and the recovered with special regulations applying.
If you travel to Germany for less than 24 hours, you do not need to register or quarantine any more.
For detailed information, please refer to the
>website of the foreign office
Update for guest travelling from the US: as of June 20, 2021; fully vaccinated residents of the United States are allowed to enter Germany, unless travelling from a virus-variant area from which entry is banned. For details on requirements please visit the >website of US embassies and consulates in Germany
In order to do our part to fight the pandemic, we have introduced a thorough hygiene concept. Read more on the measures we take to protect both you and us and still make your stay memorable!
>Oberkirch hygiene concept